Road Trip Packing List (Free downloadable PDF)
Road Trip Packing List brought you by: MikesRoadTrip.com
Everyone loves a good road trip, but unfortunately we often forget something. For this very reason, I came up with the ultimate road trip packing list to help make sure nothing is left behind. Of course, each of us have our own wants and needs when going on a road trip, so use this road trip checklist as a guide. You can also download the Road Trip Packing List (checklist) below, where you can print it out and mark off everything once it is in the vehicle.
ROAD TRIP PACKING LIST FOR GENERAL GEAR
- Water bottle(s) insulated ones are great
- Toilet Paper
- USB cable for your phone
- Hand Sanitizer
- Packable towel
- Body/wet wipes
- Rubber bands
- Entertainment, i.e. tablet/phone with music, movies and books
- Plastic bags, one large, several small
- Pillow & blanket
- Extra batteries
- Bungie cords.
- Phone holder
- Hand lotion
- Small toiletry kit (tooth brush, hand sanitizer, toothpaste, etc.)
- Tide To-Go Pen
- Small ice chest/cooler
- Plastic utensils
ROAD TRIP SNACKS
- Nutrition/protein bars
- Kettle Corn
- Cheese & Crackers
- Cut up fruit
- Hard boiled eggs
- Hummus and veggies
- Salt & Pepper
ROAD TRIP PACKING LIST FOR YOUR EMERGENCY KIT
- Fix-a-flat (sometimes having a spare tire is not enough).
- Adjustable wrench and some basic tools, such as screwdrivers and a multi-use knife (Swiss Army).
- Duck tape (so helpful for many applications).
- Backup battery for your phone.
- Jumper cables.
- Lighter and/or matches.
- First-aid kit.
- Solar charger.
- Bug repellent.
- Collapsible water bottle.
- Iodine water purification tablets.
- Pain killers/anti-inflammatory pills like Benadryl
- Tow strap and/or rope
ROAD TRIP VEHICLE SAFETY CHECKLIST
- Check tire air pressure.
- All fluids (Radiator, windshield fluid, brake, oil and transmission).
- Make sure you have a car jack in good working order.
- Check your spare tire, make sure it is in good condition and properly inflated.
- Make sure the battery posts and cables are free from corrosion.
- Squeeze all of the hoses to make sure they are in good condition and not cracked.
- Check your belt(s) to make sure they do not have cracks in them.
- Inspect the tire tread and overall health of the tires.
- Check wiper blades and defroster
ROAD TRIP PACKING LIST FOR WINTER ITEMS
- Snow Shovel
- Ice Scraper
- Winter grade windshield wiper fluid
- Cold weather gear/clothes
- Hand warmer
- Tire Chains
ADDITIONAL ROAD TRIP ITEMS TO CONSIDER IF YOU HAVE THE ROOM
- Power inverter
- Water filter
- Empty Gas container
- Extra engine oil
- Dry bag
- Small backpack
- Sleeping Bags
- Mini Bluetooth speaker
If you can think of any additional items to add to this road trip packing list, please leave a comment below so that we can add them. Click the following link if you’d like some life saving road trip tips.
Click here to download the road trip packing list.
How to get a fabulous road trip packing list for winter?
Winter is the most preferred season to plan road-trip and have lots of fun along with building life long memories. While driving in winter-weather conditions, you need to be ready to handle possible serious situations. Fill this checklist before you start your winter road trip
What are car-friendly road trip snacks?
Road trip via car gives you goosebumps but also throws challenge like what car-friendly foods you can carry to avoid mess and also satisfy your hunger on time without draining your budget.
What should I look for in a good roadside emergency kit?
Here are few travel-tested road-trip packing list to keep your show on the road and ensure nothing is left behind: Water bottle, toilet papers, first-aid kit, food packets, sunglasses, phone holder, charger, extra batteries, disposable utensils and vehicle safety kit.