Top things to do in Los Cabos, Mexico [video included]
This is a list of top things to do in Los Cabos, Mexico, which includes a video of the experiences. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Los Cabos, Mexico (also known as Cabo San Lucas) is located at the very southern tip of the California Baja, where the desert meets the sea in spectacular fashion. Los Cabos is a stunning destination chock full of activities to thrill any adventure seeker. One of the premier tour operators in the area is Cabo Adventures, where they have more than two dozen exciting activities to choose from.
I have traveled to many places in Mexico, including several times to Los Cabos—I have to say, Cabo is one of my favorite places in the country. The landscape is simply stunning, with a combination of rugged coastlines, white sand beaches and clear blue water. The weather is generally amazing. Sometimes it gets a bit warm on the Sea of Cortez side, so you can easily head to the pacific side and feel the temperatures drop dramatically. There are also dozens of world-class resorts, fantastic restaurants and an endless array of outdoor activities. Here is my list of top things to do in Los Cabos, Mexico.
- ATV Tour – Fly down remote stretches of beach and take in the stupendous scenery.
- Camel Ride – For something a bit more unique, Cabo Adventures has an excursion where you can ride a rescue camel along side the Pacific Ocean while enjoying the sea breeze and crashing waves.
- Tequila & Tortillas – After your camel ride, you can do a tequila tasting and learn how to make traditional tortillas from scratch, while enjoying an authentic Mexican meal.
- Sailing – Another Cabo Adventures activity includes sailing. Los Cabos is one of the best regions in the world with consistent wind conditions, great sights and wonderful wildlife. They have several boats and excursion options available. One of my favorite sailing tours is at sunset.
- Golf – If you’re into golf, the Baja has many courses with holes that kiss the coast. One of the best places I’ve played is at Puerto Los Cabos, where they even have taco and margarita bars on the course!
- Horseback riding – If you enjoy horseback riding, you’ll love doing it on the beach. You will often find horses available for rent in front of many of the resorts. There is no better place to horseback ride than on a beach along the coast.
- Water Sports – Water sports in Los Cabos are boundless! From paddle boarding, surfing, to snorkeling, skim boarding and much more.
- Relax – If relaxing is your thing, there are all kinds of Los Cabos spa experiences available—From the luxuriously traditional, to a more cultural experience. To the ones that will tease all of your senses, such as the experience at the Firsta Americana, where you crush grapes to detoxify the feet, followed by a foot massage, wine tasting, amuse bouche, to dinner on the beach.
- Road Trip – I did a road trip to Todos Santos once, this is where the famous “Hotel California” is located. The town is quite charming with lots of shops and restaurants, but my favorite experience was to Jazamango! This casual fine-dining restaurant is nestled within a massive garden in which all the fresh fruits and vegetables are grown and cultivated for the restaurant. This is one of the best dining experiences I’ve had in Mexico.
- Places to Stay – There are many fantastic resorts in the area, here are some of my favorites that I’ve personally stayed or visited:
- La Blanc
- Garza Blanca
- Grand Velas
- Paradisus Resort
- Hacienda Encantada
- Grand Fiesta Americana
Many people call Los Cabos “Cabo, or Cabo San Lucas.” Los Cabos refers to the entire region of the tip of Baja, where Cabo San Lucas is just one part. Whatever you call this slice of paradise in Mexico, it will certainly provide an unforgettable vacation experience.
If you have any questions about some of the things to do in Los Cabos, feel free to leave a comment below.
Los Cabos FAQ
Is Los Cabos Safe?
Los Cabos is a very popular destination for tourists, which brings in a lot of money into the economy. Los Cabos is generally considered a safe place to visit, although there have been occasional reports of violence against tourists. Like many places around the world, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and listen to your gut. Make smart decisions and you will have a great time.
What is the weather like in Los Cabos?
Los Cabos is a year-round destination with over 320 days of sunshine. The summer months generally get to the mid-80s, while the winter months are generally in the high 60s. The low temperatures are about 10 degrees lower than the highs.
Can you drink the water?
If you are staying at a nice resort, the tap water should be filtered. Most places serve bottled water, to be on the safe side it is best to drink bottled water. You don’t have to worry about brushing your teeth or taking a shower and getting the water in your mouth.
Is it expensive to visit Los Cabos?
As the popularity has risen in Los Cabos, so to have the prices. The peak months are in the winter (and holidays) where hotels, flights and activities can be double the summer months. Plan ahead and shop around and you will be sure to find a great deal in Los Cabos.
Wow, Los Cabos looks like such a fun place to visit. Thanks for the great video and suggestions.
Los Cabos is fabulous place, I went there last year. Your post, video and pictures are very nice.
Los Cabos is a amazing place to visit.I really love travel.The pictures and video you have are amazing. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post with us.
Los Cabos is one of our favorite places in Mexico to visit. Great video BTW.
Wow, this part of Mexico looks amazing! Really want to go here after watching your video…nice job!
Looks like Los Cabos is a fun place to visit!
Great list…and the video is sweet too.
Some fun things you have listed! Los Cabos looks wonderful…on the top of our list of places to visit. Thanks for the suggestions.
Great post and video…thanks!
Los Cabos looks amazing!
Loved the article and video…great info.
I was in Los Cabos last year and did several of the things listed. I highly recommend the Baja, so beautiful and fun.
Los Cabos looks amazing! Really want to go after watching your video.
The Post is about the best content I have read and watch on Los Cabos.
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.
This is such a helpful post and video, thank you for producing. My boyfriend and I will be visiting next month and cannot wait.
Fantastic article and video. My boyfriend and I are heading to Cabo next week and found your post very helpful. Thank you, Belle
My pleasure. Hope you both have a great time!
Comments are closed.