The road is the page. The experiences are the ink. Next chapter begins in 300 miles.
Mike’s Road Trip is an award-winning travel video blog (awards listed below) focused on road trips, travel tips, lodging & restaurant reviews. Mike’s Road Trip.com started in May, 2010 and is published by Mike Shubic, a veteran marketer and author of Lines, Signs & Forks – Diary of a Nomadic Road Tripper. Mike’s Road Trip has worked with dozens and dozens of destinations, PR firms, media outlets and leading brands (see examples below).
Until Covid, Mike was a long time member of the Travelocity Gnomad group and Allianz Travel ambassador team. MikesRoadTrip.com receives over 50,000 visits per month with 120,000+ pages being served. Mike’s Road Trip ranks 119th out of the world’s most popular travel blogs. Click the following link to view the rate card and promotional packages.
Note: This page is updated frequently, but some numbers/graph images may be out of date or no longer relevant. Please inquire if you have any questions.
Mike’s Road Trip Site Traffic (6-Month Snapshot):
- Over 6400 pages indexed on Google
- PageRank – 4
- Alexa – 183,005 U.S. (118 of Alexa Travel blogs)
- Compete – 267,380 (166 of Compete Travel blogs)
- MozRank – 5.27
- Domain MozRank – 4.60
- Domain Authority 43
- Page Authority – 48
- Klout score – 63
- Kred score – 783 (global) 983 (travel)
- Global traffic – USA (61%), Canada (12%), UK (7%) Ireland (2.1%) Germany 2%) (The balance by 164 other countries)
- Age – 35-54 (37%), 25-34 (25%), 55-64 (17%)
- Gender – Female (58%), Male (42%)
- Education – College and graduate-level degrees (67%)
Over 15 million video views across several platforms.
- Approximately 150,000 video views served each month.
- YouTube and the Mike’s Road Trip ROKU channel make up the majority of views each month. However PZAZ.TV and NewsBreak.com are starting to deliver significant views.
- Average video view duration on YouTube is 3:55 minutes, with a 62% completion rate and 96.8% like average.
- Produced over 500 travel videos.
- Currently looking at getting videos on Amazon Prime and a couple of other new streaming outlets.
Who We’ve Worked With Recently:
Social Media Network:
Mike’s Road Trip has dozens of social media profiles, from travel and video sharing sites, to micro blog and social bookmarking sites. Click Mike’s Road Trip Social Media Network for a complete list and links to each profile. For social media marketing value, check out SocialBlueBook.com.
- Twitter – 45,000+
- Instagram – 40,000+
- YouTube – 15,000+
- Pinterest – 12,000+ (425,000+ monthly viewers)
- Facebook fans & friends – 6000+
- Currently sharing content and building audiences on TripAdvisor, and FlipBoard 2000+
- Klout score – 64
- Kred score — 783 (global) 983 (travel)
TOTAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWING 110,000+
Travel Journalist Trade Association Memberships
- NATJA (North American Travel Journalists Association) – Member in good standing 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021.
- SATW (Society of American Travel Writers) – Member in good standing 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association – Member in good standing 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- PTBA (Professional Travel Blogger Association) – One of the original members since 2013. Served on the 2018-2020 board as Secretary when we voted to merge with SATW.
Features, Appearances & Awards:
Has appeared on dozens of media outlets…from guest appearances, content contributor to media interviews.
- SATW Awards – 2019 Silver awards for “Best Website” and a video in the “Non-Traditional” category.
- NATJA Awards– 2019 Gold winner for the travel book category. 2019 Silver for travel documentary. 2018 Bronze in Travel Video category. 2017 Gold for Travel video category .
- Bistriteanul – Romanian newspaper features Mike on his B-Class Mercedes-Benz Road Trip of Romania.
- Allianz Travel – Part of the 2018, 2019 and 2020 travel ambassador team.
- Travelocity Gnational Gnomad – Member of the 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 Gnomads travel ambassador team for Travelocity.
- Janesville Gazette – Featured in the Janesville, Wisconsin Gazette regarding the video that won 1st place fro best NATJA best travel video.
- ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association) – Published industry article on how to leverage video content.
- ABC 15 – “Best small towns for foodies.” Article written for Travelocity and was one of the best performing in their history.
- Vicksburg 105.5 Radio – Interview on my 2016 road trip to Vicksburg.
- Tripoto – “Best travel blog to look out for in 2015” (Adventure category)
- Travel Channel.com – “Travel’s Best” road trip advisor for 2015
- 2015 Global Tour Winner – Selected to be the Hangzhou Global Tour storyteller.
- Top 100 Travel blog – Named by NomadicSamuel.com in 2014
- Travel Media Showcase – 2nd place writing contest for Lake Charles, LA article.
- Travel Channel – “Best of the Road show on the Travel Channel” T.V. show, part of team “Road Bros.”
Case Studies & Testimonials: